Things To Do in 2008

*Cannon River Valley Trail (bike)
*Douglas Trail (bike)
*Half-Marathon
*Another Half-Marathon
*Goal Weight 160 pounds

Friday, April 4, 2008

This is Where I am




I am inconsistent as hell!!...and this is my blog journaling my weight loss and my long term goal of becoming a truly athletic person. The person that is in my head that eventually completes a full IronMan competition in the future.


Three years ago I weighed in at a very hefty 232. I have lost over 30 pounds since then and am still on a mission to lose more. Last year I got into running (although I am still more of a jogger). I completed a 5K as well as an 8K. Both were loads of fun and the sense of accomplishment that I felt was very rewarding. My goal this year is to complete at least one half marathon, ideally two.


The problem is-as I have stated before-I am extremely inconsistent. I used to have a blog called "From Athleat to Athlete", but accidentally deleted it....so now I must start all over :( ....and 8 pounds heavier at that!!


Anyway, my new journey begins--the old one continues. This is my story. This is where I am.


The following pictures are from where I was (my "before pics")---lookin like somebody's mama when I dont even HAVE any kids!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, now girl, I haven't read everything you got to say, but I just want to say as a sista medical student YOU GOT TO BE GOOD TO YOURSELF! You don't need to be applying any extra pressure than you already have. Just focus on being healthy and not on being overwieght. I know this because I lost 50 pounds. I did not starve and I felt I was eating all the time. If you want to know how I did it or if not and you just want some support...I'm here! Love Youself the way God intended you too---That is truly my quest in life. You can check out the website I built and the organization I help to start, emphazing this same kind of healthy love in young girls.

God Bless and Happy Studying.
MM&CG Webmaster