Things To Do in 2008

*Cannon River Valley Trail (bike)
*Douglas Trail (bike)
*Half-Marathon
*Another Half-Marathon
*Goal Weight 160 pounds

Monday, April 21, 2008

Wowwwwww....



It is unbelievable how out of shape I am. Tonite I aimed for 3 miles on the TM and was only able to complete 2.6 miles in 40 minutes. I feel like I am starting all over from scratch as far as my running is concerned. The Half-Marathon I have decided on is the Louisville Half-Marathon on October 19th. I am from Louisville so it will be cool to do my 1st Half in my hometown. But as for now I am just trying to build back up my baseline cardio endurance. I can do this, I just know I can! My goal is to complete my first Half-Marathon with 12 minute miles. Last year I ended the season with 13 minute miles so I am hoping that 12 minute miles will be attainable for me.

As for this week I am aiming for cardio at least 5 times....6 if my body agrees. Also, I am trying to incorporate 40g of fiber and 12 glasses of water into my diet per day as my personal trainer said this is the miracle combination for burning fat, especially in the belly. I have noticed alot of people posting about fiber and water lately so there must be some truth to it. I will keep you updated on the fiber/water experiment next week. I guess the scale will reveal how effective it is. Today though it looks like I will fall a bit short with 20g fiber and 8 glasses of water.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On Sunday I ran 3.1 miles in 45 minutes, so don't feel bad. It doesn't matter where you are starting. It's where you are going that counts.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

20 g of fiber is still at the minimum of the recommended range, and most of us don't get that much. So good for YOU!

Good luck with your 1/2 marathon. It looks like you have a good set of achievable goals. I feel certain you can do this, too!

Anonymous said...

I also run 3 miles in 45 minutes! It's just a part of progressing, I think. I can run 12 minutes per mile but have only ran 13 minutes straight before.

That's so awesome that you are going to ETSU! We used to live in Johnson City but moved to Raleigh last summer. I hope you do the Bele Chere 5k. It would be awesome to know someone else doing it! :)

Take care and keep up the good work!

Viv said...

It will come back. I know the feeling, trust me. You will get there and to that 1/2 marathon finish line :-)